The UUAMP Certification Program is….
- Pertains to the work you are doing.
- Ability to choose competencies that meet your learning needs and goals. For certified status, you must complete six competencies.
- Each competency is designed for completion in 10-15 hours.
- The price of the full program is $250, which we ask congregations to pay for to support their staff member or lay leader.
- Variety of formats and options.
- Available for part-timers and lead volunteers.
- In-person training opportunities will be coordinated with pre-GA Professional Day or in conjunction with regional events.
Benefits to the Person
- Form and structure for one’s professional development
- Gain skills and understandings across areas of your work
- Nurtures confidence, competence, and creativity
- Opportunities for collegiality and networking
- Helps membership professionals understand their work as a ministry
Benefits to the Congregation
- Provides training and resources often unavailable at congregational level
- Promotes professional excellence
- Fosters healthy staff relations and shared ministry
- Supports congregational growth
Benefits to the Profession
- Establishing standards and best practices elevates the position across the board
- Parity with religious educators and musicians
Benefits to Unitarian Universalism
- Membership professionals provide expertise that fosters growth as a movement
- Professional network shares broadly and generously with staff and lay leaders
Learn more here: